The Shop


The Shop

This afternoon it will rain
and I will wrap my fingers around your throat
to submerge you in the rising water.
You will kick and wriggle, fight
because you won't let go of life voluntarily.
You are driven to wake up and turn on
the coffee percolator in your newly remodeled kitchen.
Driven to fill the pantry and read the New York Times.
You must find out if the justice was confirmed,
if swine flu mutated in North Korea.
Driven to give your wife multiple orgasms.
You're afraid she'll fuck another man,
a neighbor, or the woman she talks to
at the post office about how little you please her.
I will tighten my fingers around your throat
and cut off the air. Your eyes will bulge.
You'll be seconds from pissing in your pants.
This afternoon you'll give in to me
for as long as I want, wherever I want.
Here, in the Calvin Klein mannequin display.










©  Sergio A. Ortiz:  Publisher, Flutter Press, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue