NaPoWriMo April 2010: Picture, © Sergio A. Ortiz May 5, 2010

Of The Boar


Another delay!  I'll have plenty of time
to think about him.  Was he always two?
The one that disappeared with my boyfriend
that last year of college was the one I hated. 

He'd talk down to me and turn right back
into his original mannequin self, wave 
his hand in a fury whenever I interrupted him
while he gossiped on the phone.

That one never knew I heard all the ugly things
he ever said about me.  Yet I remained his
friend for over thirty years.  I should have dropped him
off on his head in the Ukraine as soon as I realized
why he fell from that balcony in Connecticut.

There's a wild boar walking through the city
in the pouring rain.  He wears a traditional
Scythian neckerchief, but the foul odor of betrayal
gives him away.  Everyone knows when he approaches
and they move away.  And here I was thinking
I’d write about Tamara and her baby.  Another delay!


©  Sergio A. Ortiz  May 5, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue