To the one with the starry eyes - long poem



To the one

with the starry eyes
and a heart of stone…
everything is always you.

My name is as common as a door
or an empty photograph.
I will not call upon your namesake,
I’d rather call you brother
(I’m with you             in your pain).

My chest is an uncertain number
of certainties. I am not homeless,
nor am I sick with deadly fever.
I suffer love, and that is perishable pain.
Time rots what it does not understand.

I am son, brother, slave.
Each one knows
which part of me belongs to them.
Sometimes I’m a cock
and it’s not because I’m scared
or an asshole, it’s just my face.

Yesterday I let the sea wrap itself
around me me, it pulled me in with rage,
removed everything I am
except my body,
the sea does not tackle misfortune.

I love you like the enduring past,
the hidden future.
I have not changed much.
I tell lies so I can say I’m joking,
I haven’t changed at all,
and in my eternal repetition,
my disrespectful, treacherous day,

you come and go like sea waves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata