After being Stoned in the Spanish Inquisition



After being Stoned in the Spanish Inquisition


When I was young
I lived sliding down empty, 
smooth surfaces
where rest and vertigo
were rumors of echoes.

I fell so many times,
got up in different places
never to be returned.
The detour was Law

and openness was feared.

When I was young
I tried to invent a machine,
but my machine made errors,
I was one of those errors. The higher 
the offering, the more useless.

They asked for lamps
and words. I said, love understands praise.
They said, your tree

is a serpent eating its own tail.
But I grew in my tree like a clumsy hand
ascending towards that Truth
listening to no one.

Reader, I call upon you,
solemn reader, ironic reader,
never be indifferent! You must build, 
twirl with the machine,
dream you see the Tree of trees
bigger than the forest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue