Reasons to post a Photo of a Dead Child from Aleppo




Reasons to post a Photo of a Dead Child from Aleppo



Omran was a Syrian boy and African and Afghan and Salvadoran: Our son defeated in front of the sea after chasing the dawn, our little brother cleft by the blows of the crab that was death, nothingness, emptiness, a thick river of icy water. Our child like all innocent children whom they bombed in Aleppo and are no longer: I want nothing more from this world. Everything I dreamed of disappeared. I need to bury my children and sit next to them until I die. Omran survived hunger, despair and thirst, but not to the Syrian government, not the world who did not know, or care, how to save him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue