Sunday, February 26, 2017

Ghost





Ghost


Looking like a jungle
is where I am never myself.
I don't want to trip over the sounds
of the wilderness’s bewitching hour.
Life apart from the pain I conceal
from myself is impossible.

Come play in the rain.
This is not that same winter downpour
where December was you. Where the loss
of my dead became custom.

I counted the dead roses
in the garden. I forgot to write
my name on the mailbox.
You couldn't listen to my dreams.
I couldn't question yours.

The scars are still there.
I don’t know how many years I spent
trying to forget, or how many years
I’ll spend trying to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
Sergio A. Ortiz is a Puerto Rican poet and the founding editor of Undertow Tanka Review. He is a two-time Pushcart nominee, a four-time Best of the Web nominee, and 2016 Best of the Net nominee. 2nd place in the 2016 Ramón Ataz annual poetry competition, sponsored by Alaire Publishing House. He is currently working on his first full-length collection of poems, Elephant Graveyard. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sergio A. Ortiz es poeta puertorriqueño que escribe en inglés y español. Actualmente trabaja en su primera colección de poesía, Elephant Graveyard, Cementerio de Elefantes. Ha sido nominado al premio Pushcart en dos ocasiones, al Best of the Web en cuatro ocasiones, y al Best of the Net, 2016. 2do lugar Premio Ramón Ataz de Poesía, 2016. Sus poemas han aparecido, o están por aparecer, en revistas literarias como: Letralía, Chachala Review, The Accentos Review, Resonancias, por mencionar algunos.

Typying