Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Carthamus - NaPoWriMon entry 2017 !!!





Carthamus


Me, with a deep pigeon look on my face
―of tunnel and sentimental car,
with the sighs of an acrobat.
My blind father's ahands
were more admirable than night.
I love the night hat of day,
the day after night.

My mother spoke like the aurora
and zeppelins that are going to fall.
She wore flag-coloured hair
and eyes full of distant astonishment

One afternoon, I picked up my parachute
and said, Bbetween the moon and two sandpipers.
Eternal rest approached like the earth falls on the globe.
My mother embroidered tears on the first rainbows.
Now my parachute falls from dream to dream
through the spaces of death.

I found an unknown bird
that said to me: If I were a dromedary
I would not be thirsty. What time is it?
He drank the drops of dew from my hair,
threw me three and a half stares,
and walked away a, Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
Sergio A. Ortiz is a Puerto Rican poet and the founding editor of Undertow Tanka Review. He is a two-time Pushcart nominee, a four-time Best of the Web nominee, and 2016 Best of the Net nominee. 2nd place in the 2016 Ramón Ataz annual poetry competition, sponsored by Alaire Publishing House. He is currently working on his first full-length collection of poems, Elephant Graveyard. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sergio A. Ortiz es poeta puertorriqueño que escribe en inglés y español. Actualmente trabaja en su primera colección de poesía, Elephant Graveyard, Cementerio de Elefantes. Ha sido nominado al premio Pushcart en dos ocasiones, al Best of the Web en cuatro ocasiones, y al Best of the Net, 2016. 2do lugar Premio Ramón Ataz de Poesía, 2016. Sus poemas han aparecido, o están por aparecer, en revistas literarias como: Letralía, Chachala Review, The Accentos Review, Resonancias, por mencionar algunos.

Typying