Thursday, June 15, 2017
At the Train Station
At the Train Station
In another life, I was a child.
Crazy grass made me melancholic.
Runaway ponies taught me freedom.
I grew up inhabited by ghosts stuffed with promises.
Laughter was ruled by too much daytime.
I tried to open all my bags, repacked the past.
I played chess with love and desire
overwhelmed all heralds
& read the letters of the world
I exasperated closed windows.
Haunted air took my lungs out for a stroll
vivifying the evening ceremony.
I became an expert in contemplation.
Memory was my favorite map
while rivers sailed in my pockets.
I sat at the station to shout forgotten memories
with other children as trains flashed by.
Big eyes were my political party.
Justice was unfaithful to us all.
I changed dew's booty with the demented image
of an Elizabeth Bishop book of poems.
Died more than one eternity.
Looked at all the cities from the rooftops.
In the space of my voice,
it is always too early.
- 24-Hour Walkathon
- Night Sounds
- Poems Up at "The Passed Note" and FRIGG
- Luego estás tú
- Before the full moon is in my hair
- We cannot be so frank & shocking
- The Exit Door Behind the Bathroom
- The Map of a Mirage
- At the Train Station
- New Poem Up at Red Fez
- Stay Because You Want to Stay
- You can Say my Name
- Ariana Grande - Side To Side ft. Nicki Minaj
- Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like [Official Video]
- The Heart does not Wither but it Tires
- Poem Up at Algebra of Owls
- Poems accepted at a few places
- when naught is left - tanka
- Poem Up at Ascent Aspirations Magazine / Friday's ...
- Dirty Poems
- Autobiography of Eyes
- Night Bird
- Poem Up at *82 literary journal
- Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Official Music Video)
- Tipton Poetry Journal (Spring 2017) is now publish...
- BETRAYAL - A Collection of Poetry and Prose on Bet...
- Poem up at Wraith Infirmity Muses, A Literary Maga...
- Fifteen Doors to Silence
- Mi amigo que llaman “Atleta del Año”
- "For Forever" from the DEAR EVAN HANSEN Original B...
- ▼ June (35)
- ► 2016 (507)
- ► 2015 (347)
- ► 2014 (389)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (220)
- ► 2010 (489)
- ► 2009 (39)
- ► 2008 (34)
Poetry Journals & Published Poems
- The Citron Review
- Breadcrumb Scabs
- Salt River Review/ Volume 12, No, 3, Winter 2009
- Ganymede Poets, One Anthology
- Flor del Concreto/ So It Goes Poetry Anthology
- Rust and Moth
- The Externalist: A Journal of Perspectives
- The Stoning of Sarah
- Letralia Tierra de Letras
- children churches & daddies
- The long and detailed principal of governance
- At the Tail End of Dusk Inn
- At the Church of 80% Sincerity
- The Chilean Temple Initiative-The Silent Beauty of a Mother Bee
- Ink Sweat & Tears
- Poet's Ink Review
- The Texture of Stone
- Bread & Tablecloths
- Weathervane, Royal Doll, In Memory
- Rain Dancer, Illegal
- The Beauty of Tattoos, He and I
- Coming Together, Alessia Brio Editor
- Origami Condom
- The Battered Suitcase
- Sergio A. Ortiz
- San Juan, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
- Sergio A. Ortiz is a Puerto Rican poet and the founding editor of Undertow Tanka Review. He is a two-time Pushcart nominee, a four-time Best of the Web nominee, and 2016 Best of the Net nominee. 2nd place in the 2016 Ramón Ataz annual poetry competition, sponsored by Alaire Publishing House. He is currently working on his first full-length collection of poems, Elephant Graveyard. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sergio A. Ortiz es poeta puertorriqueño que escribe en inglés y español. Actualmente trabaja en su primera colección de poesía, Elephant Graveyard, Cementerio de Elefantes. Ha sido nominado al premio Pushcart en dos ocasiones, al Best of the Web en cuatro ocasiones, y al Best of the Net, 2016. 2do lugar Premio Ramón Ataz de Poesía, 2016. Sus poemas han aparecido, o están por aparecer, en revistas literarias como: Letralía, Chachala Review, The Accentos Review, Resonancias, por mencionar algunos.