Forced to Leave






Forced to Leave


Where are my footsteps going?
Nobody knows. A cloud of dust
accompanies them
as well as the helpless
memories that strip away
my skin and my soul
leaving me water on the ground.

I pull on them at every step.
Why are you taking them away,
why this ungrateful exodus
from the country sheltering my feet

like an omen of the exodus
to no man's land
because my country
no longer exists?

Someone’s taken it from me!

My footsteps hurt. They're tiredness,
they're pain, they're weight,
everything carried on my shoulders.

My head and my feet shout the pain
of this barbaric eviction,
the unjust exile to my beloved homeland,
an exodus I don’t understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue