Proto-Balm




Proto-Balm


Saw my light on and all others off.
Saw my time entering the time of others.
Searched for you while
tending the dreams of others.

During my youth, I made sure
someone would see me coming from the war.
I hated those who made me believe
that "we" had discovered the world together
when only I suffered.

Who goes through the pain like
a mother feels the same or more?
I do not think so.

A man leaves his life and comes to me,
takes the floor, smells it, tastes it, relishes it.

I tell him, how beautiful a man he is
like all men that don't believe in anything.
He says, how necessary you are,
a man who needs to believe in everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue

Good Morning Gulliver