There is no such thing as Emergency or Post Operation Care in Puerto Rico

Today I went to Pavia Hospital in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico, because I thought I was having a heart attack. It took them close to 5 hours to run test and take care of me and only because I opened my mouth and demanded attention. 



There was a disoriented man, a junky, possibly with a life threatening disease, in the same emergency ward where I was. No one paid this man any attention until I started taking pictures of him. Then they gave him some food and something to cover his torso, but I never saw a doctor get near him.


If you go alone to a hospital in Puerto Rico, if you live alone and have to provide outpatient care without the proper help of a professional, if you or your family do not know how to defend yourself from these abusive institutions, chances are you will not come out alive from a hospital in Puerto Rico.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue