On Assignment



On Assignment




We met in the Secret Service,
On our first assignment
we were briefed on the case
of the kidnapped shoe.

At lunch Sebastian came over
to talk about life,
the one we see and
the one we live
but never evoke.

He took his shoe off,
demonstrated the kidnapping.
Suddenly, he brushed
my elbow with his finger.

I found myself undressing,
promising him every satisfaction.
All he needed to do was allow me
to care of him for one year.
If his desires were not fulfilled by then
he could be unfaithful with any woman.
I would watch them ignite my bed, humiliated.

John?  Sorry Sebastian,
I was picturing the shoe
on wet asphalt.






©  Sergio A. Ortiz, Publisher:  Flutter Press, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue