NaPoWriMo Wednesday, April 21st, 2010/ Picture © Sergio A. Ortiz, April 2010







To the Crying Venusians

dedicated to Ashley Santiago and Steven López Mercad
both brutally murdered trans-gender people
living in Puerto Rico


My skin shrieks,
a cave dweller notified
of yet another death,

filaments by which the eagerness 
of penguins annihilate
memories of dwindling
oceanic twilight. 

I did not want to leave
a trail for redheaded dragons
with fiery tongues to terrify

empty lighthouses,
meadows and the jingles
of readers on my day
of resurrection.

Queen Lazarus unwraps
my feet with the grace
of a deer tutoring my hands
in the art of dying.

Daddy, daddy, daddy
my knees are skin and bone.

I wear a pink triangle
and numbers tattooed
around my ankles.


©  Sergio A. Ortiz, April 21, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue