Postcards to Willie Perdomo




Postcards to Willie Perdomo

1.
Chérie,
forgive my postcards,
I feel like Spain after Francisco Franco died.
Almodovar said it in a movie:
Regarder que cette nation arabe m'a fait.

2.
Tell your wife and children
el tío Sergio is going through a phase.
The erotica, is for the postman,
the one who wants in, yet never knocks
on my door.  The friendship is real.


3.
Almost took a bottle of sleeping pills
I have on the counter where the computer used to be.
wanting to rest among angels…

PD
I threw away the TV set, couldn’t see it anyway.
When I wake up in the middle of the night
I picture myself sinking into the ocean.
There is no static in that image. 



Pórtate bien.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata