Wednesday, January 01, 2014
Published in Cattails: Premier Edition: January 2014
In Darkness and In Light: A Colaboration
Sergio Oritz, Puerto Rico
Sonam Chhoki, Bhutan
I was the sin,
a wild horse galloping
from the horizon—
everything I saw
was spoken into her ear
she was a tightrope
walker, the enduring smell
of a snuffed candle—
facing a certain wind
she was always in danger
now that I'm done
with the malicious idea
of what is eternal,
it is easy for me to look back
at what’s destroyed
in a hall full of exits
of invisible tremors
and bloated corpses
the seeds of the honey locust—
I don’t protest
as she lays me down
on the cold, bitter ground
in a field made fallow
by a fire set long ago
hollow and unrecognizable—
the husks of ships,
sheets of dark water
ghosts of what has been lost
as we fade into a pattern
of grass and shadow,
return elated and haunted
to a dark sunrise by the ocean
that knit us to the old—
another side of silence,
the breaking of sphinxes
I am a river
that flows past
the city . . .
its soft moaning song
of a child, a belonging
it's like lifting a cello
out of its case—
“but what do I know
of love's lonely offices”
- ► 2017 (422)
- ► 2016 (507)
- ► 2015 (347)
- blue skiesabove him and a rainbowfor a smile . ....
- Me publicaran poema en Madrid.
- in the endyou came into my life really fast and I ...
- laddersand black-eyed Susans—a voice rising out of...
- my love is a blade, a trick of mirrors, a chime...
- I am fixedon this spread out mirrormesmerizedby yo...
- being with you in this roomis like snooping throug...
- we see our world upside down and wonder whose alta...
- I enterthe caveand feel bats--the flutter of those...
- Published in LYNX A Journal for Linking Poets
- linking renga . . .oh swirling petals, all living ...
- I stop to rest in a field of sunflowers all of t...
- Barbra Streisand Send In The Clowns (+playlist)
- dreams a panoply of crimes in a faithless wind.....
- who cares where we go on this rutted road . . . to...
- no one's in the nest no paper ships torched with t...
- nothing holds my eyes like your words of how prec...
- in my younger yearsbefore I learnedgay people aren...
- A la Orilla Lenta de un Ocaso
- Sin Puntuación
- you left a trailand then erased itwith your eyes ...
- Letralia 292 | Letras | Tres poemas | Sergio Ortiz...
- entre el viento y la cortina
- my shadows crowd you with tears . . .the last drop...
- a womanwithout shadow or voice burning inside her ...
- this frozen dullness of days…to breathe a blue bey...
- Para mi tia Ruth
- Amor, tú conocesmis recintos— Polinizado por undo...
- ¿Cómo menstrúan los hombres?
- love, you knew my precincts—I'm pollinated by a se...
- lifting starsrise like a thing beyond words—you wi...
- in Fijiour bodies bronzedlike gods. . .two boats m...
- red lilieson my mother'sgrave—I distort the world ...
- Published in Cattails: Premier Edition: January 2...
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (220)
- ► 2010 (489)
- ► 2009 (39)
- ► 2008 (34)
Poetry Journals & Published Poems
- The Citron Review
- Breadcrumb Scabs
- Salt River Review/ Volume 12, No, 3, Winter 2009
- Ganymede Poets, One Anthology
- Flor del Concreto/ So It Goes Poetry Anthology
- Rust and Moth
- The Externalist: A Journal of Perspectives
- The Stoning of Sarah
- Letralia Tierra de Letras
- children churches & daddies
- The long and detailed principal of governance
- At the Tail End of Dusk Inn
- At the Church of 80% Sincerity
- The Chilean Temple Initiative-The Silent Beauty of a Mother Bee
- Ink Sweat & Tears
- Poet's Ink Review
- The Texture of Stone
- Bread & Tablecloths
- Weathervane, Royal Doll, In Memory
- Rain Dancer, Illegal
- The Beauty of Tattoos, He and I
- Coming Together, Alessia Brio Editor
- Origami Condom
- The Battered Suitcase