It started on a Summer Day in the 50’s



It started on a Summer Day in the 50’s


It was at some church retreat in the 50’s.
She said something about Christ’s resurrection.
They started to gossip about the impress of Christ’s vanishing.
The meeting ended and they folded their wooden chairs.
She matched his telling with listening, and more listening. 
Whatever the case, she listened. Everyone, except my grandmother, 
found him impossible, including me, especially me.
He scuffed the wind with his sneaky nature, offended 
the rotting oaks by the solemn river bank every time
he got near my mother. But there was little I could do.
I’ve waited this long to say: Mother, it was your failure.
Up to the very end, you failed to see him for what he truly was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata