For those days when the lights switch on and off







For those days when the lights switch on and off

by themselves and I hear voice messages
from longstanding enemies.
For the good old days when I rely
on verses I already wrote
to keep from slashing my wrists.

For the fear of failing
that haunts me every December.
Will this be the year my planet refuses
to forgive me with a blush of green
long enough to soothe my heartaches?

For the assumptions of next winter’s chill
and the quiet days in between.
Your face among the poinsettias
after every prayer and rainfall.
The only image I long for.

Comments

  1. profound
    For the good old days when I rely
    on verses I already wrote
    to keep from slashing my wrists.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata