Leticia was a Less-Dead Ghost







Leticia was a Less-Dead Ghost
Larry Fobes King “Leticia”,
January 13, 1993 – February 13, 2008



Larry’s heart rate was stable, but Leticia
could not open her eyes, he was struggling
to breath as the veladoras began to bunch up
on the sidewalk in front of the school. Leticia
suffered a stroke, veiled infinity opened.

Her body was zipped into a body-bag,
his donated organs took off on a helicopter
the day before Valentine’s Day.

I asked God for a different street, another leprosy
in a glass of wine. Everyone says goodbye
to the world as best they can. I prefer silence

so as not to embarrass myself for not facing
the eyes of so many who hate or love me.
When I start to die, God makes a lot of noise
and it wakes me up.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue