Sunday, June 11, 2017
The thing to do
when naught is left―
hold on to dreams,
and after dreams
Are you afraid of the wolf
who inhabited your nightmares?
Look at your teeth,
they're ready to devour him.
My friend discovers an invitation to mystery
where I see nothing but empty space.
When he sings, I ask him to be silent.
When he runs, I demand that he not move.
My friend always in the middle of life
while I’m barely more than a blind eye
looking at him without understanding.
Watch him run knowing I cannot reach him,
listen to him sing without grasping a word.
He with his rhythm in the middle of life.
I, saving the fall, hooked to his gaze.
To become a wrinkle
is the condemnation of my friend.
For him, the beam of my heart,
good morning is a human right.
- Poem Up at Helen, A Literary Magazine
- Opus 69
- Then there is you
- Piece of My Heart
- You Can’t Trick the Moon
- Toilets - revised
- 24-Hour Walkathon
- Night Sounds
- Poems Up at "The Passed Note" and FRIGG
- Luego estás tú
- Before the full moon is in my hair
- We cannot be so frank & shocking
- The Exit Door Behind the Bathroom
- The Map of a Mirage
- At the Train Station
- New Poem Up at Red Fez
- Stay Because You Want to Stay
- You can Say my Name
- Ariana Grande - Side To Side ft. Nicki Minaj
- Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like [Official Video]
- The Heart does not Wither but it Tires
- Poem Up at Algebra of Owls
- Poems accepted at a few places
- when naught is left - tanka
- Poem Up at Ascent Aspirations Magazine / Friday's ...
- Dirty Poems
- Autobiography of Eyes
- Night Bird
- Poem Up at *82 literary journal
- Elton John - Tiny Dancer (Official Music Video)
- Tipton Poetry Journal (Spring 2017) is now publish...
- BETRAYAL - A Collection of Poetry and Prose on Bet...
- Poem up at Wraith Infirmity Muses, A Literary Maga...
- Fifteen Doors to Silence
- Mi amigo que llaman “Atleta del Año”
- "For Forever" from the DEAR EVAN HANSEN Original B...
- ▼ June (43)
- ► 2016 (507)
- ► 2015 (347)
- ► 2014 (389)
- ► 2013 (223)
- ► 2012 (146)
- ► 2011 (220)
- ► 2010 (489)
- ► 2009 (39)
- ► 2008 (34)
Poetry Journals & Published Poems
- The Citron Review
- Breadcrumb Scabs
- Salt River Review/ Volume 12, No, 3, Winter 2009
- Ganymede Poets, One Anthology
- Flor del Concreto/ So It Goes Poetry Anthology
- Rust and Moth
- The Externalist: A Journal of Perspectives
- The Stoning of Sarah
- Letralia Tierra de Letras
- children churches & daddies
- The long and detailed principal of governance
- At the Tail End of Dusk Inn
- At the Church of 80% Sincerity
- The Chilean Temple Initiative-The Silent Beauty of a Mother Bee
- Ink Sweat & Tears
- Poet's Ink Review
- The Texture of Stone
- Bread & Tablecloths
- Weathervane, Royal Doll, In Memory
- Rain Dancer, Illegal
- The Beauty of Tattoos, He and I
- Coming Together, Alessia Brio Editor
- Origami Condom
- The Battered Suitcase