Who I am and What I Remember





Who I am and What I Remember


I am a freedom that frolics, still beautiful.
The sensitivity of a talking parrot.
The girl who dropped her coconut panties
and kept walking. A black hen's egg
that traverses my spine and wakes me.
I am the nose that smells the adobe
of my neighbor's house.
A scolded photograph, a thin line
in the middle of my absent city.
A water flower, for other flowers
but not for people. The resin
that San Vincente wept.
I am a bittern that drowned
her song in another language.


***


The pain cannot be contained
long enough

The tracks fade under the snow
of the white hug of forced departure

I have tried to write truth
on buses ships and trains

but without an ear my tongue is dread
it clings to a single word

The train crosses a bridge
black ice joins each letter of my journey

Where is The New Colossal

demolished      knocked down     deposed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata