With You





With You


Because the soul does not live in things
but in the bold action of deciphering them,
I love the light that encourages my senses.

A thousand times I've wanted to find out 
who I am. After so many names,
so much crossing of my own compass,
I could hug sand for several centuries.
Watch silence pass and embrace it as well.

The truth is not in me every second.
It is a fleeting attempt to catch the ungraspable.
Truth is not in anyone, it's further
from a king than from beggar.
If someone thinks about pursuing it,
do not forget this: fire has always 
been a harbinger of decline,
the precursor intensity of oblivion.

When my eyes return to my origin,
I ask for one last gift.
 Nothing else.
Write all my words in my grave,
what I said a thousand times
and what I would have liked 
to have said at least once.
Keep my words nearby,
the ones that I used to love,
the ones that I learned along the way.

Include me within them,
do not fear their weight.
Treat them with respect.
Place them
             over my heart.
Truth is not in anyone, 
but words could engender it.

Maybe then, the words I said,
the ones you were accustomed to hearing,
will lie down beside me with tenderness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue