Collusion





Collusion





Your eyes gazed

on me with such quiet

simplicity that for a moment

they awakened my already

unusual feeling of sadness.

Your eyes examined me

with such quiet despair

that for a moment you awakened

my atrophied piety.

Your eyes looked my way

with such hushed curiosity

that I was briefly shaken

by the iron teeth of a curse.

Your eyes studied me

with such desolate intensity

that for a moment I blessed

the miserable glint of tradition.

Your eyes glanced at me

with such unparalleled

interrogation that words were

just utterly useless.

Your waterlogged eyes

pored over me with such

desperate love,

that for a moment

I thought I’d discovered

the terrifying image

of complicity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue