In the Dark





In the Dark


I spent the whole night with my arm in a hole.
I was not in a classroom of saints
at that hotel on the outskirts of town;
queen size bed too soft to feel any comfort.
A vulgar living arrangement.

Spent the whole night with my arm
in a hovel instilling the devil with witty rage.
Words no longer dazzle, they’re in the dark.
Write what you kill. Let the snail piss on your mask.

Remember: when you go to the cinema
to see Hollywood movies, you are not white,
or black, you’re not even Jewish.
Don’t get into something as complicated as God.
Don’t argue with me. Don’t sell Barbie doll ribbons.
Don’t bring me their severed limbs.
Don’t ask me to learn to respect things I can’t see.
Touch what you kill.

I haven’t been able to write theatrical screenplays
for a couple of years now. Drama is nothing more
than a passing skill better done in the dark.
I spent the whole night with my arm in a hole.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue