The distance between us











The distance between us



feels like an iron cloud
covering all my body.
Could it be we were born
to wander on opposite poles?

I’m undulating river
lying on your dreamlike 
Lazarus chest
oblivious to my leafless twilight.

I have patches of yellow 
planted on my skin 
that are not immune to cold.

Today I sing you my melody
The same as I’ll sing it tomorrow.

Maybe you're too far to taste 
the gifts you’ve already savored
from my wedding banquet.
I do not care, my Lazarus. 
The distance won’t make me impatient.

You sowed flower and new moon 
long ago on the clear surface
from my tearful day. But now 
I do not know if I remember 
the color and texture of your hair.
I don’t even recall
your reflection in my eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucecita Benitez - Cabalgata

Undertow Poetry Review, La Resaca First Issue